Thursday, August 29, 2013

Amura- My new novel!

This Is the intro to my new book, Amura. I'll post the first chapter in about a week. Then I'll post another chapter every 2-4 weeks. Please, don't be afraid to tell me what you think, whether it be something that doesn't make sense, a character suggestion, or simply just that I made a grammar mistake. O love to hear from you guys! 
Note- I would not recommend this book for young children.


The scary man was still talking to Granny Faye, and I was getting restless. Was Daddy home? I wondered.Was he hurt? I squirmed and moved a little closer to the fire. I tired to think of other things, like Granny always says to do when I'm bored or nervous. Before I could try anymore, Granny came out, followed by the man. He shook Granny's hand, nodded at me, and left. Then Granny came over and sat down by the fire.
"Amura. your fath-" She started say, but I interrupted her in my excitement.
"Is he home? where is he? I want to see my daddy!" She pursed her lips and took my hand.
"Amura." She began, taking a deep breath. "He's not home." I frowned.
"Why not? Where is he? did he get hurt?"
"Y-Yes." She said sadly. Suddenly, a sob broke out of me.
"What?! who hurt him?! What-what happened?" my voice broke. Granny's voice dropped down real low, like she was telling me a secret.
"He got hurt by a snow lion. He-" she wipes away a tear. "He won't be coming back."
It took a moment for me to understand what she meant. I whimpered and took back my hand from hers. 
"No." I mutter. I jumped up, screaming. "NO!"
"Amura..." she said, reaching out to me. I took another step back, screaming;
"You promised nothing would happen to him!" I screamed. "You said he would be okay!!" I pushed aside the curtain and ran out into the icy black cold, Ignoring my grandmother's calls behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment