Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Typical Tuesday- Pawns

Today for Typical Tuesday, I thought I would write about Pawns. You know the almost useless, weak chess piece? I thought, Well, Why do the Pawns fight for the king? They aren't Knights or The Queen, They're  just peasants fighting for their king. I thought that was a really beautiful thought. So I wrote this. Please enjoy this Tuesday, Pawns.

PAWNS

"W#e are at war" I told the other men in the village. "The king is weaker then ever before, and we need to protect him in what ever way we can." They nodded in agreement. I continued. "Most of the forces are dead, the others ran away. Even the bishops are fighting. I know were just villagers, but We can make a difference. The king himself  is fighting." We all nod solemnly. There is no battle cry, no yell for mercy. Only the small glimmer of hope in the air that we might make it make it back alive. They all slowly walk over to the weapons, and I slowly follow, saying a last goodbye to my only home.

Not much later, I stand on the front line. As far a I'm concerned, the end will soon come for me. The enemy is standing right there in front of us as we wait for them to make the first move. I only have a few moments. I look from one side to another saying a silent goodbye to my friends, my family, my brothers. Saying the words I will never be able to say. I send I message out to God asking him to protect my family. My mother, My children, my wife. Then, my time before death slowly getting shorter, I stand tall. Then, as if as one, all of us turn around to the king. As what maybe our last act of loyalty, we salute. Then, the enemy charges.



2 comments: