Thursday, May 29, 2014

RIP

Last night at about 9:30, my dog Einstein left this world. Me my sister Moriah, my brother Toby, and my parents stayed up late into the night crying and sharing memories. He was beautiful dog, and we all loved him. It hurts that he's gone. He was a part of our family, and he died. This morning we told me little sisters and buried him in the back yard. We sang Amazing grace as we lowered him into the hole we dug, and I held a crying 4 year old girl in my arms. It hurt. A whole lot. I helped put the dirt over him,    And I wanted to take it back. I wanted to touch his body and make sure he was dead. But I knew he was. My sister was there. I only wish I touched him once before he was put in the ground. But it's too late now. And I want to ask my pooch to forgive me, but it's too late for that, too. I can only try to forgive myself. I wrote a poem. That's. The only thing I could try to do. Listen to music and write a poem. So here goes.

So many
Days
I yelled

Too many
Tears
I shed

All of that
Pain
Is here

I just want
It 
To dissapear

I should've
Thought
More clearly

I would've 
Reached
One more time

The pain grows
Though
It numbs, too

Don't think that
I'm 
Healing yet

Sometimes you
Can
Be broken

Pain can reach
In
And rip you out

There's one. I wrote another, too.


Pieces of me
Are with you
Watch over them

Your pain is gone
Though mine stays
Deep and rising

Tears shed deepest 
Not by me
By one you loved

She has more pain
Then I do
Doesn't matter

I will still say
Pain is pain
No matter what

I wish this pain
Would run off
I'm breaking off

I don't want to
Be alone
But I can't speak

These memories
So hurtful
Leave me alone

Pain is the one
World of love
Remember that

Embers of love
Don't forget
Tears falling stil

Saying something
Hurts too much
I just cry now

Walking away
Feels too wrong
But I can't speak

Someday maybe
This pain will
Wash away like

Waves of all my
Tears and blood
Lost and found heart



2 comments:

  1. Awwww this is so sad!! I've lost three dogs, Sophie, Truman, and Elvis. I loved them all and I know how much it hurts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete