Thursday, September 18, 2014

Tips Tuesday: Writing every day?

Everyone says you should write every day. Because it helps. I myself have said that. But lately, I haven't been able to write. Not writers block or anything, I just don't feel like writing is doing anything for me. I was making myself write every day and I wasn't happy. Bu now that I'm only writing when and what I feel moved to, I feel better. 

That does not mean you shouldn't buckle down and write.

I was dealing with being depressed and lots of crazy things around my house, because both my older brothers had a temp job 30 minutes away and mom had to drive them every morning, and she has been having health issues and my dad is in school right now. The last three weeks were not fun ones. But I made it. Because I stopped making myself write. 

So now, I want to write everyday. But I'm just saying, writers out there? Take a break every once in a while. It's okay. You don't have to abide by every single rule all the time, you know? You can break some rules, shorten words when you text someone, and take a deep breath. Being a grammar natzi and a word freak is exhausting and you can take a break. 

Elsie
The now calm one. 

4 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. Sometimes breaks are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl I totally feel ya and I have depression too! Just hang in there and I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl I totally feel ya and I have depression too! Just hang in there and I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an accident....I don't know why it posted twice. Sorry

    ReplyDelete