Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stuff...And things. O_o

I'm about done with If an Immortal died for now. It's at 8.7k so I thought I'd start something else, and give you an update on what's in store for next month's writing, and the future!


  • I will not be doing my 10k in one novel. Instead, I'm going to put together lots and lots and lots and loads of short stories using my writing prompt board and my picture inspiration board on Pinterest. I will post them here every Monday and Wednesday. (One or more a day, plus the prompt or picture that inspired it.) Hopefully, that will add up to at least 5k, but we'll see.
  • I will be posting some writing tips every Thursday for the next month, some from me, some things I found online. I know I have a few writer's out there who follow my blog, so get ready to try and understand my process.
  • I might add some new projects, but I'm trying to pace myself this month. I'm saving up for a tablet to have more time to write, because right now the only choice I have is using the family computer, and that's not really working so well. :-P
  • This SUMMER I will be beginning my YouTube music project. I will cover some songs, and eventually post some originals I wrote. :-) So get exited! I am. That'll be sometime this summer, as I said.
  • Since I'm jumping forward super far, I just thought I'd tell you I will be participating in NaNoWriMo again this year. 


So there you have it. That's me for the next few months. :-) I'll leave you with a short story snippet thing I wrote a bit ago.

In my dreams, I see words. They float around, just out of my reach. I wonder what they say, what story they tell. What lesson they teach. But even as I more forward to reach them, they pull back, not wanting to come out. A secret running away from it’s keeper. But when I wake, I feel them. I can almost hear them. The words. They fall upon me, begging to break out onto the blank page of my notebook. But then, I fall to the ground, defeated by the words. Because the words are too strong. Too powerful. But still, beautiful and fair. And though I know if I go any closer, run for them, I will fall. Because gorgeous as they are, they are deadly. They will kill me when the story comes to an end. Because all words have a beginning and an end, but the end is always more brutal. For the end, is when the story’s heart stops beating, and when it does, it takes a piece of my soul with it.

(Taken by the amazing Willa Nicole)

No comments:

Post a Comment