Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 19: I thought


 
 
 
Mud through the forest
Staining my white dress
Did I just run away?


I tried to be there
Maybe you won’t care
But I thought I loved you


I was so confused
Don’t feel you’ve been used
I thought I would be there



 
Stand at the altar
Thought I was stronger
But I ran away


I’m left to wonder
Drown fall down under
Can I get back up?





Wish I could tell you
What I have been through
But I ran away


Thought I was better
White dress gets wetter
I thought I’d be careful


But now it’s over
Your four leaf clover
Left you far away


I thought way too much
There was no more touch
From you because I ran


I’d wish it all back
My skin will still crack
But I can’t and you know


Still walk through the mud
My mind feels like blood
I ran away from me and you

2 comments: