Wednesday, April 30, 2014

End of the month: Did I actually do anything?

Okay, feel good post alert. I threw together a poem after being a lazy Facebook scroll-er this morning. So, now, I'm gonna take a moment to thin abotu what I've done this month.

This wasn't supposed to work so well. I decided to do it the last day of March, and I was hoping for like a few small snippets a few times a week. (The original post about April.) But I ended up posting every day. For a month. It's kind of amazing. But anyway, everyday and sometimes twice a day for 30 days. It's kind of intense, but I did it. So there's that. But lets talk about what else I did.


  • Per request of my adopted Aunt and friend, Gabrielle Worent, (Titi Gabi to me,) I decided to try my hand at 3rd person. And I did it. Read all my 3rd person stories here. 
  • I got a lot more in to poetry. I've always loves poetry, and I experimented with different kinds and forms, and It's another form of expression I'm happy to add to my list.
  • I got better at writing. If you look at the stuff I wrote at the beginning of the year, or last year, I'm better. Not a lot, but I'm better.
  • I wrote something that I actually like. And I'm turning it into a full novel! (Read part one of the short story version here.) 
  • I got to 2000 views. That's a lot, and I'm proud of myself.
  • I got two more followers.
  • I read more
  • I wrote more.
So that's what I did, and I'm happy with it. And I'm proud to announce my word total for this month. It is...
10330 words in 30 days. 
This was me when I saw the number:

That's kind of amazing. It's what my goal was per-month before the Moriah's computer breaking thing. So I'm happy, And I'm changed and better because of this month. :-) Thanks all of you, and see you next month!


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad you can see how much writing consistently has changed you. Most people think a writer writes for her audience. Boy, are they ever wrong :)

    ReplyDelete