Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dream self

Hey! The month is almost over...Crazy, huh? I'll be looking forward to next month's project, which is yet to be decided. I'd like to do Burden, but I don't' want to start it unless it's ready. I know I'm writing another depressing story today, and I'm sorry, but this one I really needed. And it has a happy ending. So, enjoy if you can, Dream self...
Glass is turning through the air, and she’s screaming, though no sound comes out of her mouth. Inside of a dream, it may not seem quite so scary. But what if you know, that when you wake up, it’s worse than flying through glass? What could you do, but sit through the dream and wish that you could really die. The girl in the dream, she is covered in blood. But the girl of real life, she is covered in tears. The parallels are painful, but she's trying not to think of it. Trying to believe she can forget it all, and trying to focus on the glass all around in her dream that's killing her. Trying to feel the pain that isn't there. She's sailing through the air, and she's hurting. But the real girl can't feel it. And she wants to, so bad. She's been hurting for too long, she's not sure she can feel anything anymore. Stop. The girl thinks, her dream self mouthing the words as she does. You can feel. Someone is out there, and he or she or is going to come someday and help you, and you will feel once again. But until then, try to feel what you know only can make yourself feel. Feel what you think there's no one to feel it for. Feel love. Feel it for yourself if that's all you have, but feel it. You have to. The girl takes a deep breath, and her dream self's cuts close together and her eyes become full of light.
They both hear the sound of laughing, clear and bell-like. The dream girl wipes away her tears and looks down, realizing her big dress of lavender, loads of tulle making a skirt, floating around as the glass comes back together, forming a mirror in which her dream self sees her hair is up and the blood gone. And then, the real girl floats in, jumping into the body of the dream girl for only a second.Their voices join, and she can hear them out loud. "I love who I am, and I will keep doing so until I have someone else to love and someone else to love me. I feel the power of love, the pain of my life, and everything I've been trying to feel for a long time. And love made it possible, in some crazy. Love, and my dream self.

2 comments: