Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 28: Illusion of death

Can you get me
Through the night
Without leaving
With a fright

Can you tell me
Why if dead
Why there's aching
In my head

Bones are crunching
'Neath my feet
My head pounding
To a beat

Falling flailing
Heart is gone
Going leaving
Won't be long

Finally I'll
Be in ground
Stone overhead
Dirt surrounds

Wishing I could
Breathe my last
But I can't die
Spells been cast

Buried under
'neath a tree
Wish someone could
Come see me

Angels watching
Through the mist
As my body
Writhes and twists

Hands are holding
Heart's last beat
Knowing now that
Death will cheat

Graves are swallowed
You shall see
There will soon be
No more me

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :-) Thanks, Willa. I'm not really sure where it came from, but I like it, too.

      Delete